Simple Steps to Save Lives This Fall
6 steps to keep healthy during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- AccordingtotheCDC,wholefoodslikedark,leafygreens,orangesandtomatoes- even fresh herbs are loaded with disease fighting elements. Make it a habit to try to eat more whole nutritious foods high antioxidant rich fruits, vegetables, legumes instead of processed snacks or fast food. This might be a good time to cut down or eliminate the use of animal products, a major source of oxidative stress.
- Stay active, an outside brisk walk or jog daily. Push-ups, sit-ups, jumping-jacks can be done almost anywhere.
- Sleepiscriticaltoahealthyimmunesystem.7-9hoursofnaturalsleepis recommended by the CDC. Things that help sleep are: a cool, dark, well ventilated, quit sleeping area. Daily exercise and sun exposure, with at least one hour of quiet wind down time and finish eating at least 4 hours before sleep.
- Taketimetocareforyourselfandthosearoundyou,withapositivesupportive attitude.
- Avoidstressandanxiety,withafocusonwhatyoucandoratherthanthethingsyou have no control over. Realizing that God is a source of strength and support. He is still on His throne.
- Stay connected with loved ones and church members, avoid isolation calling or texting those who give you comfort and ones you can help as well.
7 steps to take if you have symptoms of, or test positive for COVID-19
- Don’twaituntilyoustartfeelingreallysick.Immediatelybeginbedrest,isolatedfrom the rest of the family—preferably a bedroom that has its own bathroom. Your caregivers should wear a mask and gloves, and wash often.
- Don’twaituntilyourlungsareaffected.Beginchestfomentationtreatmentstwicea day. (a YouTube demo. https://youtu.be/xaxortNqH9Q) Or Hot and Cold showers 3 times a day. 3min. Hot –1min. Cold 3times, ending with Cold, then dry off and go to bed for at least 20 min.
- Drink at least 8 cups of only water a day. No coffee, soft drinks, alcohol, or fruit juices.
- Eat2or3mealsadayconsistingofunrefined,plant-basedfooditems.Eatfreelyoffresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Avoid snacking. Avoid the use of refined carbohydrate products, dairy and meat products, and eliminate sugar in all its forms—honey, molasses, white or brown sugar, maple syrup, etc.
- Afterallsymptomsaregone;remaininarestfulstateforthenext2to5daystoprevent relapse.
- Put your trust in God (Fear compromises your immune system). Read the promises inPsalms 91. Study God’s Word—.
(The steps above are not meant to be a substitute for professional medical care—stay in touch with your medical provider.)